St. Anthony Falls Office Building

The Beaux Arts style St. Anthony Falls Office Building originally served as a library that opened in 1904 and was gifted to the Minneapolis public library system by John S. Pillsbury. In 1992, the building was added to the National Register of Historic Places, with associated renovation constraints.

In 2006, the building was purchased for use as a private office. The new owners desired a renovation that was both respectful of the building's historic status and successful at incorporating "green" building design concepts. 

Location

Minneapolis, MN

Architect

Domain Architecture

Recognition

  • LEED Gold
  • Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Historic Restoration Award, 2008
  • Preservation Alliance of Minnesota Adaptive Reuse Award, 2008
  • Preservation Alliance of Minnesota Award for Excellence in Sustainable Design, 2008

Related Lighting Design Projects