Riley Cen­ter, Mis­sis­sip­pi State University

Tp Mississippi State Univ Riley Center 2B

Originally named the Grand Opera House, the 1,000-seat venue served the entire community between 1890 and 1927 with operas, theatrical entertainment and later cinema.

The Opera House was abandoned by the Cinema operator in 1927 for a larger venue, leaving the Opera House vacant for decades.

In 1999 Mississippi State University and the Riley Foundation commenced the Opera House’s restoration. The Opera House re-opened in September of 2006, with state-of-the-art technical capabilities and was renamed MSU Riley Center.


Meridian, MS


Martinez + Johnson Architecture

Tp Mississippi State Univ Riley Center 1B